Stars such as Beyonce, Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani, the Kar-Jenners, Nicki Minaj, and even Kate Middleton, now the Princess of Wales, all wear eyelash extensions, according to beauty experts. As salon pros, we know the trend continues, and many non-famous women fall in love with these lush, full lashes. Applying eyelash extensions is truly an art, and our technicians are highly skilled in this service.
Next time you’re looking for salons near me, set up an appointment at Twisted Sisters Salon so that we can explain every step of the lash extensions process.
After getting your new lashes done, it is essential that you treat them carefully, and we’ve outlined important Dos and Don’ts.
Simply Devine and Delicate
Lash extensions are an enhancement of your own natural lashes and are glued on individually by hand to your natural lash hairs. The lash fibers are delicate, and the application is done carefully and precisely.
How you look after them will determine how long they last. Generally, eyelash extensions are good for about six weeks until they naturally shed, just as your real lashes do during the natural hair growth cycle.
Give your luscious lashes tender loving care so that you can extend your refill appointments.
- Keep your lashes dry for the first 24 to 36 hours. You can wash your face and take a shower as long as no water touches your lash extensions.
- Also, avoid steamy rooms and/or environments. Even a searing hot, muggy day can have an effect, so avoid the heat.
- The aim is to let the special adhesive cure or form its strong bond.
- Oil is not good for your new lashes, and even an oily complexion can cause issues. The experts recommend blotting papers and/or lotions and products that offer a matte result.
- Choose oil-free cosmetics and oil-free formulas for cleansing your face and removing makeup.
- You don’t need mascara now. If you choose to wear it, avoid waterproof mascara because this can cause lash breakage as it’s difficult to remove.
- A good tip is to brush your lashes daily with a spoolie tool to keep your lashes looking lovely and not clumping or tangling.
- Try a silk pillowcase for sleeping because it is gentler on eyelash extensions.
- Wash your lashes daily with a lash cleanser to keep them clean and remove any bacteria, makeup, grime, etc.
- If you have any questions about eyelash extensions near me or when you should get a refill, contact our beauty salon. Our technicians are happy to help you out.
- Do not use baby wipes or cotton pads to remove makeup from your lashes.
- Do not play with your lash extensions by twirling them with your fingers or picking at them, or rubbing them aggressively.
- Do not sleep on your stomach because that position can cause friction between your pillow and eyelash extensions. Avoid cotton pillowcases, which can be rough.
- Do not apply cosmetic oils to your face because the ingredients can seep into the lashline and break down the adhesive bond. You will lose your extensions eventually.
- Do not apply strip lashes on top of your lash extensions. You don’t need them, and trying to take them off later will be a hassle.
- Do not attempt to remove your lash extensions by yourself. You risk ripping out your natural lashes. Our professionals at salons near me can do it for you should you no longer desire to wear them.
- Do not ever attempt to apply lash extensions by yourself. This cannot be achieved solo because an injury can occur, the results may not look good because of poor application, and you risk developing an allergic reaction.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on your eyelash extensions. It can be damaging to them.
- Do not dry your lash extensions with heated tools such as blow dryers, and be careful using straighteners or flat irons with your bangs, for instance. The heat nearby can melt or distort your lash extensions.
- Don’t skip your refill appointments. Maintain your stunning lashes with regular refills at eyelash extensions near me to keep them full and looking their best.
Here at Twisted Sisters salons near me, you will find an elegant and relaxing environment with hair and beauty experts ready to create the look you desire. From gorgeous hair extensions to color services to beautiful haircuts to makeup application and to full body skin care, we’ve got you covered from head to toe!
Popular eyelash extensions near me are beauty game-changers when done by experienced professionals. Set up a consultation today at one of our Westfield salons, and let us show you how the process works. You will be amazed at just how extra glamorous your eyes can look.
Isn’t it time you pampered yourself?
We certainly think so. Book your appointment now.